Hello Dolly Musical 2011 - Coed

The Emotions We Felt
This Hello Dolly coed group was probably one of the hardest working groups I have had the privilege of working with.  When I was asked what part of the musical was my favorite I didn't have a normal answer this year. Last year in Oklahoma, it was the scene with Jud & Curly in the shed. I loved that scene from the second I saw Roy and Balfour together.  This year there was never that moment but rather a process that I loved.  Our Hello Dolly coed group started working last December. Rehearsals with them are always entertaining. Some of my favorite comments came from my captain Eli who would state "there's more", "let me guess, we spin next", "did you see that", and all the sudden hits to the ground from misplaced foots. I also love being there when they get their stunts.  This group turns into an amazing team that knows how to work hard and play hard and I am proud to be their coach, director, and choreographer. I hope they had as much fun as I did & encourage them to write their favorite coed moments below.


3 comments:

Michael-Lyn said...

I love the new blog Rebecca!

Emily (the one in the AWESOME pink dress halfway being flung through the air!) said...

Awww ms becca, you DO love coed after all!!:D my favorite memories with the coeds were the early stunt rehearsals, all the "wait- i THINK i got it!! *clunk* oh...no..." I don't think we've ever worked as hard in musical as those first few weeks trying to learn Dancing Dancing, but coed was an AMAZING experience and i enjoyed every moment of it!

Nick Hines said...

My favorite moment in coed was definitely the moment that I mastered the stupid back stab lift ten times after getting to 8 and having to start over again! I am never going to work my legs that hard again.

But even better than mastering it...was the moment that you told me that it wasn't in the choreography anymore :)