Snakes, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails (part I)

Kaden's Birthday on Indiana Jones Ride
Our little man is 7 years old this year and he is constantly making us laugh even though he finds the most interesting things to get in trouble for.  A few months back I was cutting his hair and he asked if he could take a small piece to school so that him and his friends could pretend to make poly juice potion (harry potter fans are knowing where I am going with this). I said yes as long as they didn't really do it. The next day, I get a call with the familiar first statement, "Mrs. Jones, we had a little incident today with Kaden..." Somehow, Kaden and his friends decided that only making Kaden poly juice potion was not going to be good enough for this crew so they decided to sneak into their classroom to borrow scissor and then go out to the playground and snip hair off of each friend.  Kaden of course had to be the "snipper" since he was the trustworthy one. So one by one he cut pieces of hair from each friend including a piece of hair close to the scalp on his best friends forehead (oh that won't be noticeable). Now, they couldn't have gotten caught before this all happened but when they did finally get caught they didn't want the "professors" knowing that they were secretly making poly juice potion so they said they were playing "hair salon". Not to my surprise, the girls were afraid of getting into trouble and said it was all Kaden's fault and they didn't want to do it. Boy was I upset with him despite everyone else laughing and thinking it was the funniest thing ever. So funny that my high school drama class decided to improv the scene out one day when I was gone. (I wish I had that on video) After writing apology letters to all his friend's parents, Kaden has realized that he probably should not be a hair dresser. Since no one got injured in the poly juice fiasco, I do find humor in it but can't help thinking, "oh no, what are we in store for next?"

1 comment:

Michael-Lyn said...

Loved to hear this story again! :) I'm sure this is one we'll be telling about the boys when they are parents themselves.